Forum?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Oct 11 10:42:49 PDT 2011

On Oct 11, 2011, at 12:47 PM, Andrew Todd wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Dominik Reichardt <domiman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyway, I'd prefer a forum, it probably could be done as the libSDL people
>> have done it, that the forum and ML go to the same address (ML posts go to
>> the forum, forum posts go to the ML).
>
> Honestly, I'd just like to see the ML configured so that the default
> reply-to address is the list email rather than the author's email.

and I want a pony ;-)

reply-to munging comes up every once a a while, but there are various good reasons for not doing it (google "reply to considered harmful" if you're curious).

Since MacPorts is an all volunteer project, there's nothing stopping anyone from creating a web forum and having discussions there.

It's just a matter of having enough interested people so that there's a group willing to answer questions/give advice/whatever.

I personally probably won't participate in a web forum, just like I don't participate in the IRC channel - but that doesn't mean that places outside of the mailing list(s) aren't useful places to go...

--
Daniel J. Luke