Forum?

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Oct 11 11:25:40 PDT 2011

In article <2EEAE4B8-F2C2-4646-8B66-1F752FC785E0 at geeklair.net>,
 "Daniel J. Luke" <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2011, at 12:47 PM, Andrew Todd wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Dominik Reichardt <domiman at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Anyway, I'd prefer a forum, it probably could be done as the libSDL people
> >> have done it, that the forum and ML go to the same address (ML posts go to
> >> the forum, forum posts go to the ML).
> >
> > Honestly, I'd just like to see the ML configured so that the default
> > reply-to address is the list email rather than the author's email.
> and I want a pony ;-)
>
> reply-to munging comes up every once a a while, but there are various good
> reasons for not doing it (google "reply to considered harmful" if you're
> curious).
>
> Since MacPorts is an all volunteer project, there's nothing stopping anyone
> from creating a web forum and having discussions there.
>
> It's just a matter of having enough interested people so that there's a group
> willing to answer questions/give advice/whatever.
>
> I personally probably won't participate in a web forum, just like I don't
> participate in the IRC channel - but that doesn't mean that places outside of
> the mailing list(s) aren't useful places to go...

Note that this mailing list, along with several other MacPorts lists, is
two-way mirrored at gmane.org.  That means you can read and post to the
list via a conventional (NNTP) news reader or via a couple of different
web formats.  You can also read via RSS feeds.

http://gmane.org/find.php?list=macports
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.macports.user

--
 Ned Deily,