Unsupported compiler error when building MacVim

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 19:20:17 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 18:33, Tim Johnson <tim at akwebsoft.com> wrote:

> * Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> [111013 14:24]:
> > The ghc mailing list has been fighting this for a bit; it seems Xcode 4.2
> no
> > longer ships a non-llvm gcc.  I suspect things are about to get
> > "interesting" in OSX developer land.
> >
> > I personally am holding off the Xcode upgrade for a while.
>   Yikes! Are you saying that I should be using Xcode4.1?

It would probably be easier, but I was given another solution on IRC; you
should file a bug against the port.

    <jmr_mp> geekosaur: indeed, this is why we've been telling everyone to
check for gcc-4.2's existence and depend on apple-gcc42 if needed

so the port is doing the wrong thing, and you should be able to work around
by "sudo port install apple-gcc42".