determining the exact variants that got installed

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 17:25:11 PDT 2011

On Oct 16, 2011, at 6:47 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> I am specifically requesting for the only gdal-config available.
>
> You can manually run gdal-config; see what values it prints out for you.

Makes so much sense, and seems obvious, now that you have taught me how. Thanks!

punkish at Lucknow /opt/local/bin$./gdal-config --dep-libs
-L/opt/local/lib -lproj -L/opt/local/lib -lgeos_c -L/opt/local/lib -lexpat -L/opt/local -L/opt/local/lib -lgif -L/opt/local -L/opt/local/lib -ljpeg -L/opt/local/lib -lgeotiff -L/opt/local/lib -ltiff -L/opt/local -L/opt/local/lib -lpng -L/opt/local -L/opt/local/lib -lnetcdf -L/opt/local/lib/postgresql90 -lpq -lz -L/opt/local -L/opt/local/lib -lpthread -ldl -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -lspatialite -L/opt/local/lib -lcurl -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -lidn -lssl -lcrypto -lssl -lcrypto -lz -lz

No mention of Python above. Yet,

punkish at Lucknow /opt/local/bin$port installed gdal
  gdal @1.8.0_1+curl+expat+geos+netcdf+postgresql90+python27+spatialite+sqlite3 (active)

Time to take this to the PostGIS list and ask how to specify/determine if Python bindings are installed.

Many thanks Jeremy.