boxes not working in Lion?

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Oct 19 21:14:38 PDT 2011

> You may want to wait on upgrading to Xcode 4.2; since Apple has removed all versions of gcc from it, it is causing some problems with some of our ports and it may take us a while to sort it out.

It's not really us so much so as _all_ developers that their software doesn't work with a new compiler.

We should move as quickly as we can to indicate when a portfile does assuredly work for gcc, or  llvm-gcc.

Seems the scale of troubles is :
 * gcc works
 * llvm (2) usually works
 * clang (3) is most likely to break things