install and upgrade scipy encounter disk space problem

Ke Wu diamrem at ibeca.me
Sun Oct 23 20:55:55 PDT 2011

Thanks Ryan,

I tried +gcc45 and something happened, I traced the delta of my disk space and found that when the scipy is building, the swap files in /private/var/vm/ were getting abnormal bigger and bigger.

And I don’t really know what the swap files are….

So that I am no sure if it is because of my machine’s setting or because of the port that while installing scipy on my machine, they got that huge…