Postfix with SASL

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Oct 25 07:50:12 PDT 2011

On Oct 24, 2011, at 11:28 PM, Gregory Gulik wrote:
> I've been struggling to get postfix working with SASL (pam) authentication working on a new Lion mac mini.  Basically, I want it to authenticate against local users on the box.

I've had good luck using dovecot to handle authentication (postfix works well with it, and if you're going to use dovecot as your imap server, it makes sense to just configure the auth stuff in one place).

I haven't tested it on Lion (yet), though.

> But postfix is being very stubborn in a very basic way.  I'm getting permissions errors on the lock file and I can't figure out what the permissions should be:

sudo postfix check

(man page says:  Warn about bad directory/file ownership or  permissions, and create missing directories.)

--
Daniel J. Luke