php5-mysql +mysql5 error

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 17:00:24 PDT 2011

On 26/10/11 at 00:32, ryandesign at macports.org (Ryan Schmidt) wrote:

>> On Oct 26, 2011, at 18:18, Phil Dobbin wrote:

>>The version of MySQL I have in /usr/local was compiled before I started using macports.
>
>Yes, and any port you install thereafter might conceivably look
>for and link with this MySQL unexpectedly, which could cause errors.

Interesting. Under normal circumstances when compiling if you
want `make` to link to includes and/or libs other than what
shipped with the makefile ,you have to explicitly tell it to i.e.

CFLAGS=”-I/usr/local/foo/include/bar”
LIBS="-L/usr/local/foo/lib/bar -lmyfooclient -lmybarclient.so"

I’ll bear your advice in mind & thanks for your help.

Cheers,

     Phil.

--
Please consider the environment before reading this email...