Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 10:57:23 PDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 13:37, bunk3m <bunk3m at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can manually install any package that has no dependencies using ie.
> sudo port -s install gperf or sudo port -s install expat.  But doing
> sudo port install ffmpeg --nonfree --enable-libx264 --enable-libvpx will
> NOT work.

While this *probably* isn't related, you're not specifying variants
correctly.

    haral:1737 Z$ port variants ffmpeg
    ffmpeg has the variants:
       jack: Enable jack input device support (currently broken)
       no_gpl: disallow use of GPL code, license will be LGPL
       no_mmx: disable all x86 asm optimizations
    [+]no_nonfree: disallow use of nonfree code, libraries and binaries will
be
                   redistributable under GPL/LGPL
       universal: Build for multiple architectures

--enable-libx264 and --enable-libvpx look like configure options; you can't
use those at all.  The other would be specified as "-no_nonfree" per the
available variants.

:debug:archivefetch couldn't open
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5/Resources/tclIndex":
no such file or directory
   while executing
"open [file join $dir tclIndex]"

Anything under /System is part of Mac OS X itself.  You may have a damaged
Snow Leopard install.