sshfs and Fuse4x

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 21:11:33 PDT 2011

So, I first installed Macfuse (on Lion) and then sshfs and sshfs-gui from Macports. Quickly realized that Macfuse is hopelessly outdated. Following the suggestion at [https://trac.macports.org/ticket/30639], I uninstalled Macfuse and sshfs. Then I installed Fuse4X (latest version) and sshfs again. However, when I try to mount a remote server, I still get the following message

$sshfs Remote:/path/to/remote/home Remote -oauto_cache,reconnect,volname=Remote,defer_permissions
the MacFUSE file system is not available (-1)
the MacFUSE file system is not available (1)

Suggestions?

For now, I have installed at /usr/local/bin a version of sshfs I got from Fuse4x web site, and it is working fine, but I wouldn't mind going back to the MacPorts version in case that one is more reliably upgraded. In any case, would like to solve the above mystery.

--
Puneet Kishor