Trouble updating my ports, how to fix this?

Peer Stritzinger peerst at
Tue Sep 27 13:43:10 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at>wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2011, at 11:40, Peer Stritzinger wrote:
> > Since this didn't seem to help I tried the "-f activate" path:
> >
> > yrael:~ peer$ sudo port -f activate perl5
> > --->  Computing dependencies for perl5
> > --->  Activating perl5 @5.12.3_1+perl5_12
> > ... a bunch of warnings about existing files followed.
> Now that you've forced the activation, some things may be out of place. I'd
> do the following to ensure it's fixed:
> sudo port -f deactivate perl5.12 perl5.8
> sudo port upgrade perl5.12 perl5.8
> sudo port activate perl5.12 @5.12.3_2+universal perl5.8 @5.8.9_5

I did this (without +universial since I didn't build my ports universal) and
it worked like a breeze.

> > Error: Dependency 'p5.12-locale-gettext' not found.
> Your first selfupdate updated the version of MacPorts base. You must now
> run selfupdate a second time so that your ports get indexed properly. Your
> previous version of MacPorts did not include instructions to do that, but
> the current version does.

Ok, this fixed itself after a repeated "selfupdate" as you wrote.

After this I had two further blocking points one was this issue:

The fix from the archive worked ok

After this there was only a issue with libungif (like here

Deactivating libungif fixed this also.

After this the upgrade run to the end.

Thanks a lot for your help
-- Peer
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the macports-users mailing list