Xcode 4.3.2 macports requirement (please add to FAQ)

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Apr 2 06:14:07 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-02, ximon <ximon at ximon.karoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hmmm,
>
> After upgrading a little while ago to Xcode 4.3.1, I find I am unable to
> install the command line tools - an error message is displayed informing me
> that my developer account is "not in good standing"  and needs to be
> updated. I followed the link to the member centre and logged in but there
> doesn't seem to be an account update procedure. I updated my profile but
> that didn't help either.
>
> Do I need to join one of the suggested (iOS, Mac or Safari) developer
> programs?

You shouldn't need to pay for a developer program in order to download
the Command Line Tools. I do recall that this was an issue when 4.3.2
was first released, but it seemed to be corrected on Apple's side
fairly quickly (I think it was only a few hours).

You might try removing / logging out of your Apple ID or Developer ID,
log back in, and try again. If you're still seeing the issue you
should probably contact Apple's Developer support.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448