mysql55

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Mon Apr 2 09:00:30 PDT 2012

On Apr 1, 2012, at 10:22 AM, Chris Janton wrote:

> How do I enable the FEDERATED engine in this case? Something missing in the build that allows it?

I do not have any experience with federated tables. Perhaps installing the federated plugin will help.

$ port contents mysql55 | grep ha_federated.so
  /opt/local/lib/mysql55/plugin/ha_federated.so

> After getting mysqld to start I did
>
>  sudo port load mysql55-server
>
> Should 'port select mysql mysql55' or 'port select mysql-server mysql55-server' make the commands
>
>  port load mysql-server
>
> choose the proper engine to start?

I have not thought about this. Maybe others more knowledgable will offer feedback.

> or should I just deal with unloading/loading the server specifically?

Probably. These questions are better answered buy people that understand "startupitems" and the intentions of "port select" better then I.

Mysql55 is installed to not conflict with other mysql ports and in the future one should be able to have more then one version or fork of mysql installed and running at the same time.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)