Freedesktop dsub plist

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Mon Apr 9 16:20:35 PDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 03:35:45PM -0700, Puneet Kishor wrote:
> com.apple.launchctl.Background[990]: launchctl: Couldn't stat("/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist"): No such file or directory
>

> Indeed, I don't have that file even though I have a symlink to it in my /Library/LaunchAgents to a location under /opt/local/Library/LaunchAgents. In fact, I don't have even a LaunchAgents directory under /opt/local/Library.

Both the file and the symlink are installed by the dbus port. So...
 - if you have/want the dbus port installed then something's wrong with
   the installation because the plist in /opt/local/Library/LaunchAgents
   is missing and you should try reinstalling it.
 - if you don't have/want the dbus port installed, then that's a stray
   symlink in /Library/LaunchAgents that shouldn't be there and you
   should just delete it. (Maybe it was left over from a deleted
   installation?)

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/