Error Building Cairo

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 10 01:58:31 PDT 2012

On Apr 10, 2012, at 02:58, Jasper Frumau wrote:

> Thanks Ryan. Hope to have a solution for this soon so I can move on again..

All you need to do is deactivate any of librsvg, libspectre, and poppler that are installed (forcibly if necessary), then clean cairo and try installing it again. Reactivate the deactivated ports afterward if desired.

All I'm going to be doing is instructing cairo not to look for these libraries even if they're present. This is somewhat tricky because cairo does not have options to do that, and the cairo developers don't understand why we want that; I'm trying to explain it to them.