macports geda-gaf build error

Michael Gehl mike at vail.net
Thu Apr 12 18:00:29 PDT 2012

I originally had an older version of geda installed on my machine and decided to start clean with a new one. After several passed through "port install geda-gaf" (gtk2 build errors, etc. occurred along the way) I was down to just the geda-gaf build:

--->  Computing dependencies for geda-gaf
--->  Building geda-gaf
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for details)

... so I look at the logfile (/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_science_geda-gaf/geda-gaf/main.log), and there is *no* mention of any errors anywhere in the file, the final two lines are:

:debug:clean Removing directory: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_readline/readline
:debug:clean delete: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_readline/readline

I have no idea which shell command failed.

I am running macports 2.04 on Snow Leopard latest, XCode 4.0.

Sure would like to have an idea as to what the problem is!

TIA, Mike