Python environment

Daniel Ericsson deric at macports.org
Fri Apr 13 14:18:41 PDT 2012

On 12 apr 2012, at 22:38, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> I've port installed virtualenv, pip & easy_install comes with Python 2.7
> if I'm not mistaken (if I am, it's there anyhows).
>
> Which symlinks/aliases do I have to invoke so that they're available to
> me in the console?

I've added /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin to my PATH. .. Current/ is a symlink pointing to the active python version you choose with ´port select python´.

But these ports also install a symlink suffixed with the python version in /opt/local/bin, eg:

> ls -l /opt/local/bin/virtualenv-2.7
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  admin  74 Apr 13 23:02 /opt/local/bin/virtualenv-2.7 -> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/virtualenv

so you could symlink or alias to those if you wanted.

-- Daniel