Error: Dependency 'p5.12-locale-gettext' not found.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 16 17:59:55 PDT 2012

On Apr 16, 2012, at 16:36, Stephen Blackmore wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Apr 16, 2012, at 16:06, Stephen Blackmore wrote:
>>
>>> I am on version 2.0.4  Several times, I have tried 'sudo port selfupdate' per Trac ticket #30801
>>
>> Can you show the output of "sudo port -v selfupdate"?
>
> Thanks for the suggestion!!  Rather than say what all it printed, I will just say that after running this and then rerunning the install, it worked.  I am new to macports, so I really appreciate your help!

Hmm, interesting. I'm glad you got it working, though I'm not clear on what fixed it. Running "sudo port selfupdate" any time in the past twelve months should have fixed it, since the p5 ports were changed to p5.8/p5.10/p5.12/p5.14 ports over a year ago; the fact that you said you ran it and it did not help suggested to me that some hidden error was occurring, and running with "-v" should have shown us that error. But since none occurred, and your problem has been resolved, I guess we should just leave it at that!