How remove port info but not installed files?

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Wed Apr 18 16:02:06 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 01:42:53PM -0400, Arno Hautala wrote:
> You could also try altering the Asymptote Portfile to not depend on
> texlive. I'm not sure how extensive these changes would have to be.

It's possible to get some ports to use your existing MacTeX install by
adding /usr/texbin to your binpath in /opt/local/etc/macports.conf

Unfortunately, asymptote is not one of those ports. It needs to install
some tex style files, and those will only be installed for the MacPorts
texlive installlation. (It doesn't seem like a good idea to try to
install them for a non-MacPorts install outside of $PREFIX...)

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/