How remove port info but not installed files?

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:13:55 PDT 2012

On 4/18/12 7:02 PM, Dan Ports wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 01:42:53PM -0400, Arno Hautala wrote:
>> You could also try altering the Asymptote Portfile to not depend on
>> texlive. I'm not sure how extensive these changes would have to be.
>
> It's possible to get some ports to use your existing MacTeX install by
> adding /usr/texbin to your binpath in /opt/local/etc/macports.conf
>
> Unfortunately, asymptote is not one of those ports. It needs to install
> some tex style files, and those will only be installed for the MacPorts
> texlive installlation. (It doesn't seem like a good idea to try to
> install them for a non-MacPorts install outside of $PREFIX...)

I was able to uninstall the MacPorts ports of both texlive and asymptote
without apparently any damage to the standard MacTeX configuration of
TeXLive 2011.

That left all the asymptote TeX support files in place in the latter.
Then I was able to build asymptote from downloaded source, following
instructions at http://www.tug.org/texlive/build.html#asymptote.

Murray Eisenberg                     murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
80 Fearing Street                    phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Amherst, MA 01002-1912