How remove port info but not installed files?

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Wed Apr 18 17:30:25 PDT 2012

On Apr 18, 2012, at 5:13 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> On 4/18/12 7:02 PM, Dan Ports wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 01:42:53PM -0400, Arno Hautala wrote:
>>> You could also try altering the Asymptote Portfile to not depend on
>>> texlive. I'm not sure how extensive these changes would have to be.
>>
>> It's possible to get some ports to use your existing MacTeX install by
>> adding /usr/texbin to your binpath in /opt/local/etc/macports.conf
>>
>> Unfortunately, asymptote is not one of those ports. It needs to install
>> some tex style files, and those will only be installed for the MacPorts
>> texlive installlation. (It doesn't seem like a good idea to try to
>> install them for a non-MacPorts install outside of $PREFIX...)
>
> I was able to uninstall the MacPorts ports of both texlive and asymptote without apparently any damage to the standard MacTeX configuration of TeXLive 2011.
>
> That left all the asymptote TeX support files in place in the latter. Then I was able to build asymptote from downloaded source, following instructions at http://www.tug.org/texlive/build.html#asymptote.

You mentioned disk space was small.
$ man port
/leaves
/clean

You can remove work files, distfiles and logs with something like this:
$ sudo port clean --all installed
or
$ sudo port clean --all all

You can uninstalled installed ports that are unrequested and have no dependents.
$ port echo leaves
$ port uninstall leaves

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)