Using MacPorts Python packages in different Python

Adam Mercer ram at macports.org
Wed Apr 18 18:56:38 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 14:17, Frank Schima
<macsforever2000 at macports.org> wrote:
> py-numpy and py-scipy have atlas variants which use the atlas port instead
> of the Accelerate framework. The atlas port does tune to your processor.
> Have you tried that? I have Cc'ed Adam, the maintainer of these ports, if he
> could comment on their performance with the atlas variant? Maybe the Intel
> MKL libraries could be added as a variant?

Personally I don't use the atlas variant as I've found it causes a lot
of build problems. I find the Accelerate framework fast enough for my
needs, but my codes aren't that processor intensive. If someone wanted
to add an MKL variant I'd be willing to accept it providing they were
willing to support it.

Cheers

Adam