Using MacPorts Python packages in different Python

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Tue Apr 17 12:17:29 PDT 2012

py-numpy and py-scipy have atlas variants which use the atlas port instead of the Accelerate framework. The atlas port does tune to your processor. Have you tried that? I have Cc'ed Adam, the maintainer of these ports, if he could comment on their performance with the atlas variant? Maybe the Intel MKL libraries could be added as a variant?

Cheers!
Frank