PostgreSQL 91 does not start automatically

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:58:16 PDT 2012

I am completely foxed by this... When I restart my computer, postgresql91-server and apache2 do not start up automatically. If I type

	$ sudo port load postgresql91-server

I get the message that the "port is already loaded". Then I do the following and it starts up fine

	$ sudo port unload postgresql91-server
	$ sudo port load postgresql91-server

I have the same issue with apache2 with a slight difference. It doesn’t start automatically on computer reboot, but starts fine when I type

	$ sudo port load apache2

This makes unattended reboot (for example, restart automatically after power failure) a deal-breaker.

I see nothing of consequence in the logs anywhere.

Suggestions?

--
Puneet Kishor