PostgreSQL 91 does not start automatically

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:14:45 PDT 2012

On Apr 25, 2012, at 4:11 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> All fixed for now....
>>

>> I changed the following line in my httpd.conf
>>
>> 	- Listen mumbai.geology.wisc.edu:80
>> 	+ Listen 80
>>

>> Now, there is no specific IP or network address for apache2 to check, so it doesn't seem to trip over that check, and starts happily on its own.
>>
>> Perhaps a more dependable fix would be useful.
>>
>> Many thanks everyone.
>
> That might appear to fix apache for now, does postgres needs a similar configuration change?

No, Postgres seems to be behaving well for now. I suspect the problem I had was very event-specific. The machine had gone down because of a power fluctuation, which resulted in an unclean shutdown of Pg, which caused it to barf and croak when coming back up again. Now, through three reboots it has come up without any fuss.

Many thanks,

--
Puneet Kishor