PostgreSQL 91 does not start automatically

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 25 15:58:18 PDT 2012

On Apr 25, 2012, at 16:07, Puneet Kishor wrote:

> All fixed for now....
>

> I changed the following line in my httpd.conf
>
> 	- Listen mumbai.geology.wisc.edu:80
> 	+ Listen 80
>

> Now, there is no specific IP or network address for apache2 to check, so it doesn't seem to trip over that check, and starts happily on its own.
>
> Perhaps a more dependable fix would be useful.

I was going to suggest:

Listen 144.92.206.113:80

I presume it was the DNS resolving capability that wasn't available that early during startup, so using the IP address should bypass the need for that capability.

I thought it was recommended not to use a hostname in the Listen (or other similar) directives because of problems like these, but I can't find any actual documentation of that.