error message: Couldn't determine your Xcode version

Marcelo Chiapparini marcelo.chiapparini at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 07:25:34 PDT 2012

Hello!

When I try to run "port upgrade outdated" I get the output below. How can I
fix the problem? Thanks in advance!

- I do have installed Xcode 4.3.2 (4E2002)
- I do have installed Command Line Tools
- I ran "xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app"

Here is the error message:

Yggdrasill3:~ marcelo$ sudo port upgrade outdated
Warning: xcodebuild exists but failed to execute
Warning: Xcode appears to be installed but xcodebuild is unusable; some
ports will likely fail to build.
Warning: You may need to run `sudo xcode-select -switch
/Applications/Xcode.app`
--->  Extracting libunwind-headers
Error: Couldn't determine your Xcode version (from '/usr/bin/xcodebuild
-version').
Error:
Error: If you have not installed Xcode, install it now; see:
Error: http://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.xcode.html
Error:
Error: Target org.macports.extract returned: unable to find Xcode
Log for libunwind-headers is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_libunwind-headers/libunwind-headers/main.log
Error: Problem while installing libunwind-headers
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

Marcelo