gnuplot on MacPorts with aqua?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 11:27:57 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 18:41, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> On Apr 29, 2012, at 3:46 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> I wanted to submit some of the mentined patches also on the Macports
>> tracker to get more testers, but I would first like to get gnuplot
>> 4.6.0 included into MacPorts before AquaTerm hacks are discussed, see:
>>    http://trac.macports.org/ticket/33596
>
> On 10.6 I applied this patch the upgrade of gnuplot finished without issue.
> http://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/33596/gnuplot4_6_0-v2.diff
>
>> I volunteered to become gnuplot maintainer, but I need some
>> experienced developer with commit rights first to review the patch and
>> do the final commit to SVN.
>
> Mojca: since you are the maintainer of gnuplot and that ticket has a lot of patches

At first I uploaded each file/patch separately, but was later
instructed that a single patchfile against SVN trunk is better
(consequently there are a lot of leftovers from the era before that).

There are only two files that are relevant now:
- gnuplot4_6_0-v2-cocoa.diff
- gnuplot4_6_0-v2.diff
They are basically the same, except that the first one uses Cocoa and
the second one uses Carbon (and is also shorter). The functionality
should be exactly the same.

> is the patch I applied ready for commit?
> If so and know one has already committed by the time I return from a 4 hour working meeting I'll commit this for you.

The patch is ready from my point of view. But as a "senior macports
developer" you can check if it complies with all the macports
guidelines before committing it. (Are there any guidelines/suggestions
about filenames of patchfiles? I've seen everything from *.diff to
*.patch to patch-filename to patch-filename.diff. This is a trivial
issue though.)

In case that you apply the patch, please also close the following two tickets:
    http://trac.macports.org/ticket/18795
    http://trac.macports.org/ticket/31483

Mojca