some port was "nice" enough to remove TeX w/o my permission

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 05:24:42 PDT 2012

I just went to run TeX on a file I'll be needing Monday morning for a
medical appointment, and much to my surprise, TeX is no longer installed
on my system.  I seem to recall, while installing Gimp, that it at least
checked to see if TeX was installed.  Could Gimp's install have been so
evil as to uninstall TeX against my wishes?

And while I'm here, which variant loads all of the Computer Modern fonts,
but none of the non-English docs, etc.?  I don't even care about the
English docs---I've got The TeXbook (from ca. 1986), TeX By Topic, and
The METAFONTbook, so I'm pretty well covered there.  :-)

Later,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)            | 1) "Smoking habanero powder helps defeat that

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html