Why can't I select the Mountain Lion Python 2.7?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 16:45:50 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 07:09:16PM -0400, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> > Homebrew was the most recent attempt by someone to pretend that
> > avoiding the system-installed stuff is "just being stupid" or
> > whatever. It, like everyone else, has switched to installing and
> > managing its own ecosystem.
>
> They finally did?

Yes; it's taken them a while to realize that they really have to do it
across the board and not just "ok, that part we have to maintain, but
surely *this* part will Just Work...!" but they have finally figured out
that there are in fact reasons that everyone else does it that way and they
need to do so as well.  It's like a rite of passage.