+no_x11 as default

Federico Calboli f.calboli at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 07:30:15 PDT 2012

On 9 Aug 2012, at 15:25, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Federico Calboli <f.calboli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it there a way of making the option +no_x11 (where available, obviously), the default?  I hate when macports tries to install X11 -- I can do
>
> Yes and no.  "No" because +no_x11 is deprecated and being removed from the ports that still have it;

Ok, so what happens when ghostscript, ImageMagick, libsdl etc switch option?  I ask because:

~$ port installed|grep x11
  ghostscript @9.05_2+no_x11 (active)
  ImageMagick @6.7.8-3_0+no_x11+q16 (active)
  libsdl @1.2.15_0+no_x11 (active)

will the +no_x11 be automagically transformed in -x11?

> use -x11 +quartz instead, or you're likely to continue to get X11 anyway.

just to check: +quartz is meant to indicate I installed XQuartz myself and that macports will not try to install any X related packages?  I damn well want to avoid macports switching to XQuartz based bloat.

cheers

--
Federico Calboli
f.calboli at gmail.com