textmate2

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Aug 15 23:42:19 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:05:55AM +0100, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> I was just running `selfupdate` when I noticed textmate2 had been
> ported. I still use textmate 1.5 occasionally & having tried the
> binary of textmate2 from macromates when it was first Alpha & not
> feeling it was ready for prime time (which, being Alpha, is to be
> expected), have kind of forgot about it.

TBH, I'm not sure it's much better at the moment. Development has picked
up quite a bit in the last few days, but there's still quite a few bugs.

> I'd like to give textmate2 a run out but when running macromates'
> version, it meant moving textmate1's support folders (Application
> Support, Preferences, etc) in order not to overwrite them.
>
> Is there any way to use MacPort's textmate2 without going down this
> road?

The current state of TextMate 2 in MacPorts is pretty much vanilla
upstream; there's no patching going on, so I'm afraid you'll still have
to do that, if you want to make sure your TextMate 1.5 support folder
isn't changed.

--
Clemens Lang