macport wxt problem

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 15:27:37 PDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Peter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when I compile gnuplot 4.6 with macport wxt in mac os x 10.6 with xcode_4.2, my macport was self updated to the latest version.
>
> I got the following errors.
>
> In file included from ./plot.h:46,
>
>                  from wxterminal/wxt_gui.h:113,
>                  from wxterminal/wxt_gui.cpp:96:
> ./mouse.h:189: error: variable or field 'set_ruler' declared void
> ./mouse.h:189: error: '_Bool' was not declared in this scope
> ./mouse.h:189: error: expected primary-expression before 'int'
> ./mouse.h:189: error: expected primary-expression before 'int'
> ./mouse.h:197: error: '_Bool' has not been declared
>
> In file included from wxterminal/wxt_gui.h:113,
>                  from wxterminal/wxt_gui.cpp:96:
> ./plot.h:53: error: '_Bool' does not name a type
> ./plot.h:54: error: '_Bool' does not name a type
> ./plot.h:55: error: '_Bool' does not name a type
>
> how to resolve such a problem ?

Weird. That is (most probably) the same known problem as I reported to
gnuplot devs a while ago, it's a bug in older autoconf tools - the
ones used to generate ./configure script for Gnuplot 4.6, but I
thought I addressed it as part of the patch-configure-qt.diff:
    http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/math/gnuplot/files/patch-configure-qt.diff
or at least it works on Lion. I can only guess what is going on with 10.6.

May I please ask you for the output of "port -v configure gnuplot <any
variants>" to see what it reports for these two lines in particular:

checking for stdbool.h that conforms to C99... yes
checking for _Bool... yes

plus config.log file if you manage to find it inside "work" directory
(I'm only interested in the part around _Bool).

(It might make sense to open a ticket on trac. I cannot test on 10.6
at the moment, but I'll get access to it.)

Are you able to test if gnuplot *with* qt and *without* wxwidgets compiles?

Mojca