Cannot install any port on Snow Leopard

Instruct ICC instructicc at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:14:55 PDT 2012

Thank you for your reply.  I do have ssh tunneling socks proxy, but then I have to tell Firefox to use that proxy.  Safari and my Mac do not use that proxy.

I turned off the proxy and tried again with the same results.  I did not try Advanced > Proxies, as I think this is going in the wrong direction.

I do have Sharing > Web Sharing turned on with a .pac file
function FindProxyForURL(url, host){
    return "SOCKS my.local.ip:a_port";
}

But even when I turn off Web Sharing I get the same error.

my.local.ip:a_port was used by the proxy, but that is off now.

Thoughts?