Update ocatve to the latest version

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 14:54:13 PDT 2012

Hi Michael,

Thanks. I get the following warning. Is there a compile option should
be enabled for octave?

~$ /opt/local/bin/octave -q
warning: no graphical display found
octave:1>

~$ octave --version
GNU Octave, version 3.6.2
Copyright (C) 2012 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Octave was configured for "x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.
~$ which octave
/opt/local/bin/octave

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Michael Dickens
<michaelld at macports.org> wrote:
> I've updated octave-devel in r97159.  For those using octave and wanting
> the latest, please do a seflupdate and then see if the new octave-devel
> works for you.  The octave-* ports may or not work with the Octave
> 3.6.2, but they should still be compatible with the octave (3.2) port.
> Someone (not me) will be working towards upgrading the octave-* ports to
> be compatible with 3.6, and once those are well enough along then we'll
> move octave-devel to octave.  For now, continue to use octave-devel. -
> MLD

Regards,
Peng