XQuartz

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:24:04 PST 2012

Hi, all.

I've read some very encouraging things about the latest version (2.7.4) of
XQuartz which is offered as a binary from their web site.

I'm just wondering if installing it will clobber anything installed by
MacPorts (I'm not concerned about any Apple update clobbering it as I'm
still on Snow Leopard & my Macbook Pro is behind a NAT router with no
ports forwarded so I don't bother applying the few security updates they
release
for SL nowadays anyway).

I've no specific X Windows stuff installed by MacPorts & only a few
incidentals that have been dragged along as dependencies & without
installing the binary I can't really tell where it's going to put stuff
but I'm hoping that it wouldn't be into /opt/local anyway.

Any help, thoughts & advice appreciated.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical, OS