Fedora does MacPorts

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 19:50:39 PST 2012

On 12/08/2012 03:32 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2012, at 20:59, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>
>> I thought maybe somebody might find this interesting:
>>
>> <http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Contributor_Documentation/1/html/Software_Collections_Guide/index.html>
>
> Which part should we be looking at? In what way does "Fedora do MacPorts"? I didn't see "MacPorts" mentioned on that page.

No, it was more to do with the concept behind Software Collections.
Disregarding the fact it installs into /opt, it looks a similar
principle; a set of supplementary ports installed elsewhere in the
system (in /opt) that do not clash with system stuff.

It was all rather light hearted on my part. My apologies if that was not
made obvious in my post.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,