mesa build failure

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 21 00:14:50 PST 2012

Remember to use the Reply All function in your email program so your replies go to the list too, not just to me.

On Dec 21, 2012, at 02:09, Masha Vecherkovskaya wrote:

> Xcode version 4.5.2, command line tools updates are not available, which makes me think it's up to date.

You're looking in Xcode's Preferences window in the Downloads section? If it says the command line tools are "Installed" (as opposed to there being an "Install" or "Update" button) then I agree, you're up to date.

> How do I find clang version?

Run:

clang -v

For Xcode 4.5.2, it should be "Apple clang version 4.1 (tags/Apple/clang-421.11.66) (based on LLVM 3.1svn)"

> If I port clean wine , trying again, picks up from the same error, should I port clean mesa?

Yes, mesa is the port that failed to build, so that's the port that should be cleaned.

> If yes, will this break my arb? Arb is much more important for me, I can deal without wine.

I don't see why it would. We're just cleaning a failed partial build, so that we can try again; if it succeeds, great; if not, the new failure should provide more information.

> Sorry for being so stupid. I'm a microbiology researcher, so need step by step with this one.

What was it: something about there not being any stupid questions? Anyway it's no trouble; I'll try to be as detailed as possible and let me know if anything's unclear.