mesa build failure

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 21 00:36:58 PST 2012

On Dec 21, 2012, at 02:28, Masha Vecherkovskaya wrote:

> Sorry, for reply to all, I'll keep in mind.
>
> In Xcode preferences window in the downloads section it says installed.
>
> clang -v output:
> Apple clang version 4.1 (tags/Apple/clang-421.11.66) (based on LLVM 3.1svn)
> Target: x86_64-apple-darwin12.2.0
> Thread model: posix

Good, that looks fine.

> I've cleaned mesa, my arb is ok.
> But I think I've got the same thing again.
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for mesa
> --->  Fetching archive for mesa
> --->  Attempting to fetch mesa-8.0.4_2+python27+universal.darwin_12.i386-x86_64.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/mesa
> --->  Attempting to fetch mesa-8.0.4_2+python27+universal.darwin_12.i386-x86_64.tbz2 from http://mse.uk.packages.macports.org/sites/packages.macports.org/mesa
> --->  Attempting to fetch mesa-8.0.4_2+python27+universal.darwin_12.i386-x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/mesa
> --->  Fetching distfiles for mesa
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for mesa
> --->  Extracting mesa
> --->  Applying patches to mesa
> --->  Configuring mesa
> --->  Building mesa
> Error: org.macports.build for port mesa returned: command execution failed
> Please see the log file for port mesa for details:
>    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_x11_mesa/mesa/main.log
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
> Error: Unable to execute port: upgrade mesa failed
>
> <main.log>

That log was too large to post to the list; we don't want to send a 500K message to a thousand list subscribers. Large logs should be compressed before sending them to the list. I'm attaching a compressed version to this message so that others can read it.

The interesting message in the log appears to be:

:info:build ar: libmesagallium.a: Disc quota exceeded

So it looks like you ran out of disk space.