Tcl upgrade failure

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 06:24:58 PST 2012

On 12/30/2012 02:08 PM, Clemens Lang wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 01:53:33PM +0000, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>> I've just ran selfupdate & it stopped at scanning binaries:
>>
>> 'Scanning binaries for linking errors: 9.9%
>>  Could not open /opt/local/lib/libtcl8.5.dylib: Error opening or reading
>> file (referenced from /opt/local/bin/expect)'
>
> So the port providing /opt/local/bin/expect should be revbumped after
> the recent upgrade to Tcl 8.6. You should file a bug for this.
>
>> It then proceeded to throw errors on libnewt & expect & uninstalled
>> them & then uninstalled Vim (I had it compiled +tcl) & re-installed
>> Vim without tcl.
>
> So far that's expected to happen; however, it should just have rebuilt
> expect and all the other broken libraries. There should not have been a
> need to rebuild vim, unless the rebuild of a dependency of vim failed
> and it wasn't re-installed again.
>
>> I've got the expect & libnewt logs. I should open a ticket I guess? A
>> quick how-to would be appreciated, I've never had the need to open one
>> before I don't think.
>
> Yes, please open a ticket. You can do that at
> http://trac.macports.org/newticket. Make sure to take a look at the
> Ticket Guidelines http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets.

Hi, Clemens.

Yeah, looking at 'port installed', I can see the Tcl/Tk upgrade actually
succeeded so why it went ahead & uninstalled Vim & then re-installed it
again, I not sure (Vim's compile time options were +huge +cscope +perl
+python27 +tcl -ruby. It's now the same but minus tcl).

Thanks for heads up about Trac, I'll go file now.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,