barcode fails to build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Feb 2 10:33:01 PST 2012

On Feb 2, 2012, at 12:04, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:

> ["Richard L. Hamilton" <rlhamil at smart.net> (2012-02-02 12:59:29 UTC)]
>
>> OS X 10.7.2, latest gen Mac Mini
>>
>> Among other things, log says paper.h not found, silly 'cause it's in /opt/local/include, although there's no -I for that shown on the command line.
>>
>> Anyone play with this enough to have a workaround?  Environment variable maybe, or using the command-line option to use a compiler other than clang, or whatever?
>
> Funny, it built for me, but the resulting binary segfaulted.
> See https://trac.macports.org/ticket/33000 – I haven't looked at it since filing the bug report.

You did not mention in your ticket what OS version, Xcode version, or compiler you're using (could you add that to the ticket please?) but from Richard's log we see he's using clang, which does not use CPATH, which, if you're using an Xcode earlier than 4.2, and therefore not using clang, would account for why it built for you and not for him.

Richard, please file a bug report about your issue in the issue tracker.