Fwd: py27_wxpython

Ulrich Wienands wienands at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 17:28:32 PST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ulrich Wienands <wienands at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 17:27:57 -0800
Subject: Re: py27_wxpython
To: Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>

Verbatim copy of /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf:
---------------------------------
# CPU architecture to compile for. Defaults to i386 or ppc on Mac OS X 10.5
# and earlier, depending on the CPU type detected at runtime. On Mac OS X 10.6
# the default is x86_64 if the CPU supports it, i386 otherwise.
#build_arch                     powerpc

# CPU architectures to use for Universal Binaries (+universal variant)
universal_archs         i386 ppc
So seems all good, and I have installed many a port w/o problem on this machine.

One should not forget that wxWidgets comes in as a dependency.. could
it be that +universal is spec'd for that? If so, where would that be?

Maybe I need to try installing wxWidgets by itself... I don't remember
now whether I did although it seems like an obvious thing to try.

Uli