Selfupdate failing...

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 14 19:40:09 PST 2012

On Feb 14, 2012, at 21:11, Jeff Justice wrote:

> Okay it says:
>
> "checking Xcode location... xcode-select: Error: No Xcode folder is set. Run xcode-select -switch <xcode_folder_path> to set the path to the Xcode folder."
>
> Hmmm....why would this be?  I haven't changed anything about this machine from previous version.  Must be something different with this release of MacPorts?

Lots of things change with each version of MacPorts. :)

Try reinstalling the latest version of Xcode for your version of OS X, ensuring you do not omit the necessary command-line support portion. More detailed instructions for correctly installing Xcode are here:

http://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.xcode.html