macports broken under Mountain Lion and Xcode 4.4?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Feb 17 10:08:26 PST 2012

On Feb 17, 2012, at 12:54 PM, Artemio Gonzalez Lopez wrote:
> Yesterday I installed Mountain Lion and Xcode 4.4

I don't have any pre-release software, so I don't have any direct knowledge of this release, but generally Apple prohibits people from discussing pre-release software (so if I did have access, I couldn't talk to you about it).

You may want to consult your software license agreement to make sure you are not violating it by discussing this stuff.

> There is obviously some problem in properly detecting the path to the C compiler, since clang it's not in /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ but in /usr/bin. Could anybody suggest a fix to this?

I imagine it's similar to what is going on with Xcode 4.3 on Lion. Maybe when that gets figured out, it will magically start working. Or perhaps one of the macports developers has access to pre-release software and will check in some fixes and it will start working (but won't be discussed until an actual release happens). This has happened in the past with other pre-releases ...

good luck

--
Daniel J. Luke