macports broken under Mountain Lion and Xcode 4.4?

Mike Savory msavory1 at nzbox.com
Fri Feb 17 19:55:29 PST 2012

Hi

Given that MacPorts is a purely volunteer group and that Apple gives them absolutely no warning about impending upgrades, and the fact that those of us with Developer accounts can't speak publicly about out findings, please relax, go back to your Time Machine backups (if necessary) and give people a chance to catch up.

Not that I am saying too much, but fixing the current Xcode 4.3 issues will help hugely to make the Mountain Lion upgrade pretty much a "bin there, done that" event.

Mike

(p.s. ML may run perfectly in Parallels Desktop (the tools and shared folders even), if you want to play without destroying your main system)