Help please

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Feb 18 20:59:23 PST 2012

On 19/02/2012, at 10:22 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2012, at 19:49, James Linder wrote:
>
>> sh-3.2# port install libgnome
>> Error: Unable to open port: couldn't read file "/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/portmirror.tcl": no such file or directory
>
> Please clean ("sudo port clean libgnome") and try again, using the debug flag ("sudo port -d install libgnome") so we can get more information.
>
> The error "couldn't read file "/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/portmirror.tcl": no such file or directory" is spurious and can be ignored. There should be a different, real error elsewhere in the debug output that we can act upon.

sh-3.2# port clean libgnome
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
sh-3.2# port install libgnome
Error: Unable to open port: couldn't read file "/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/portmirror.tcl": no such file or directory
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

OK the whole shebang ...

sh-3.2# port selfupdate
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.0.3 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.0.3 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is already the latest version

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
  port upgrade outdated
sh-3.2# port clean libgnome
Error: Unable to open port: couldn't read file "/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/portmirror.tcl": no such file or directory
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
sh-3.2# port install libgnome
Error: Unable to open port: couldn't read file "/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/portmirror.tcl": no such file or directory
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

Pardon the sparse prompt, not using my usual term :-)
James