clamav and bzip2

John Brown jbb at vcn.com
Wed Feb 22 07:11:22 PST 2012

Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> ***
>> The non-matching file appears to be HTML. See this page for possible reasons
>> for the checksum mismatch:
>> <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/MisbehavingServers>
>> ***
>>

> Sounds like you've been downloading web pages instead of source for packages.
>
> Consider wiping out these downloads and trying again, and possibly getting online through a different network.
>
> sudo port clean --dist PACKAGES

    The command worked. I installed bzip2 successfully. Now a different
problem arises:

jbb at pinball2:~
(4): % sudo port -s install clamav
Warning: The installed version of Xcode (2.3) is known to cause
problems. Version 2.5 or later is recommended on Mac OS X 10.4.
--->  Computing dependencies for clamav
--->  Dependencies to be installed: zlib
--->  Fetching zlib
--->  Attempting to fetch zlib-1.2.6.tar.bz2 from
http://distfiles.macports.org/zlib
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for zlib
--->  Extracting zlib
Error: On Mac OS X 10.4, zlib 1.2.6 requires Xcode 2.4.1 or later but
you have Xcode 2.3.
Error: See http://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.xcode.html for
download links.
Error: Target org.macports.extract returned: incompatible Xcode version
Error: Failed to install zlib
Log for zlib is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_archivers_zlib/zlib/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: zlib
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
jbb at pinball2:~
(5): %

    Having performed software update a number of times what else must I
do? Is a later Xcode archived?

	Shalom,

	John B Brown
	jbb at vcn.com
	358 High Street
	Buffalo, Wyoming
	82834

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include
the freedom to make mistakes" Mahatma Gandhi
"There was never a good war, or a bad peace."
Benjamin Franklin
"I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on
or by imbeciles who really mean it." Mark Twain

1-307-684-9068