Help With Kmymoney port

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Mon Feb 27 09:28:05 PST 2012

Hi Salatiel,

I have to admit I never tried to use kmymoney 1.0.5 with an encrypted kmy file...

> Well, if i start kmymoney from the launchpad icon and try to open my file i get:
> Sorry: GPG is not available for decryption of file /Users/someone/enc.kmy
> If i open a terminal , execute /opt/local/bin/kmymoney and try to open
> the file, if asks me for the password and open the encrypted file just
> fine.
> Whats the problem with the launch pad icon ?
I don't know, yet. I guess I need to test such a case…

Did you consider trying kmymoney4 or kmymoney4-devel? It could be that for those it would work out of the box...
But it's a pain-staking experience to build all the KDE4 dependencies if you're now up and running with the older version 1.0.5 using KDE3.

In any case it would be good to file a ticket. If you do so, please do put me as the maintainer (mk at macports.org) into the "Owned by" field!

> Another question: Is there a way to make the kmymoney application open
> centered on the screen ? it always start half inside screen , half
> outside.
This bugged me also a couple of times, but I couldn't find a way around it. It's caused - I guess - by X11.app and I don't know whether it can be improved somehow.

Feel free to contact me via this thread or directly.

Greets,
Marko