How to install git-core 1.7.9.2 instead of 1.7.7

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 28 06:38:16 PST 2012

On Feb 28, 2012, at 06:21, seron wrote:

> Thanks. I had forgotten that I had a local port of git, which I had modified
> to pull in perl 5.14 instead 5.12 so that I didn't have to have two
> different versions of perl installed. I wonder why git is not dependant on
> perl 5.14 in the first place. There's probably a reason.

perl5.12 is currently our perl version of choice in MacPorts. There may be no reason other than laziness that we have not switched to 5.14. There has been discussion recently about offering only one (the latest) version of perl in MacPorts; you can search the mailing list archives if you're interested.