How can I control the Perl version I want?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:07:37 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 13:52, Rodolfo Aramayo <raramayo at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I did what you guys suggested and issued the command:
>
> port install perl5 perl5.14 @5.14.1_2+threads

port install perl5 +perl5.14

The + there is not optional; it tells the perl5 port to install the variant
(see "port variants perl5") named "perl5.14", which sets that to be the
default Perl.

What you did told it to reinstall perl5 (which woul be a no-op as it's
already installed) and then install a specific version and variant of the
perl5.14 port.  This is not going to do what you intended.